Cable Lashing Accessories
B Overlash Block
This block lets you overlash to cable bundles up to 50mm (2 in.) across … and its affordability lets you use more blocks for smoother, neater lashing on new or rebuild construction.
- Ideally suited for messenger strands from 6-10mm (1/4 in. to 3/8 in.)
- Easy to raise and attach with GMP’s Wire Raising Tool
- A keeper retains the block on the messenger, and the fiber cable is positively retained in the block.
- The block’s gritty non-skid surface rests against the strand and minimizes sliding during the pulling in of cable
- The frame is made of zinc-plated steel and is designed for the optimum strength-to-weight ratio
- The frame is equipped with an anti-friction roller and a lever actuated keeper bar which encloses the cable in the block
- Installation is straightforward. With the lever in the vertical position, just hook the block onto a wire raising tool through the hole in the lever and raise the block to hook it onto the strand. Now swing the lever to the horizontal position with the tool to close and lock the keeper bar into the detent
- While low priced and lightweight, it is built to demanding CBS quality standards. This block may also be used for placing small copper or coaxial cable as well.
|G-GMP-70336||B Overlash Cable Block|
10701 Cable Block with Rubber Roller
This economical block has a rubber roller & is used for new strand & overlash work.
- Can accommodate up to a 5cm (2″) cable
- The strand wedges in the “V” notch of the sturdy cast aluminum frame
- The spring-loaded strand retaining pin will clear two previously lashed 19.05mm (3/4″) cables for overlashing
- A rotating gate keeps line or cable on the roller
|G-GMP-10701||10701 Cable Block w/Rubber Roller|
Clip-On Cable Block
This tempered spring steel block is used to support cable up to 2.54 cm (1″) during cable pull-out.
- The block fits over existing cable bundles up to 5cm (2″)
- The “clip-on” design makes for fast work when time is money
- The unique housing profile keeps the lashing machine from “riding” over the unit
- The pliable urethane roller is forgiving of field abuse and will never mar or scar cable
- Holes provided to allow the blocks to be tethered
|G-GMP-87265||Clip-On Cable Block|
Single Lashing Aerial Cable Guide
This guide is economical but durable for new plant construction only.
- Also suitable for use with fiber and coaxial cables
- Cable shoe has a unique non-stick, highly polished stainless steel surface to minimize cable friction.
- Replaceable shoe makes it easy to keep the guide like new
|G-GMP-70055||Single Lashing Aerial Cable Guide|
Overlash Aerial Cable Guide
The Dual-Lashing Aerial Cable Guide is used to guide and straighten cables as they are pulled into a lashing position from a stationary or moving cable reel.
- This unit offers the versatility of working for new installations or for overlashing cable to existing plant
- Cast aluminum shoe with a steel insert on the face provides longer wear life
- The shoe is suspended on steel straps from two strand rollers with safety lock preventing it from falling from the strand
- All steel frame parts are plated for corrosion resistance
|G-GMP-08007||Overlash Aerial Cable Guide|
E Lashing Wire Clamp
Designed for permanent wire terminations, this clamp has the same hardware, construction and clamping range as our D Clamp, but with a one piece stamping formed to let both sides grip the messenger in perfect alignment. We also supply an oversize E lashing Wire Clamp for strand up to 14mm (9/16 in.).
|G-GMP-81460||E Lashing Wire Clamp 11mm|
|G-GMP-81461||E Lashing Wire Clamp 11mm|
D Lashing Wire Clamp
Perfect for temporary and permanent terminations or grounds, this all steel clamp lets you securely attach two lashing wires or #6 ground wire on any size strand from
6-11mm (1/4 in. to 7/16 in.) diameter.
- Two grooved plates sit on opposite sides of the strand.
- A mechanically galvanised finish provides extra corrosion resistance.
|G-GMP-07886||D Lashing Wire Clamp|
Standard Cable Block Pusher
Pushers lock onto the strand and push the cable blocks out of the way of the lasher during the cable lashing process. These are especially useful when lashing multiple cables to allow space between the first cable block and the lasher.
- Constructed of aluminium channel with locking pins at each end.
- Large, rounded flanges at each end accommodate all lasher surfaces.
|G-GMP-70431||Block Pusher – 61cm|
|G-GMP-70432||Block Pusher – 91cm|
D Lashing Wire Clamp
This simple tool makes the lashing process smoother by maintaining the proper cable lead between the lasher and the cable block.
- The slotted tube has rotatable sleeves at each end to lock the unit on the strand.
- Standard length 24 in. (61cm)
|G-GMP-70018||Heavy Duty Block Pusher|
Lashing Wire Grip
A screw type grip used to temporarily fasten lashing wire under tension before placing a permanent clamp like our D or E Lashing Wire Clamps.
- Grip works with any size lashing wire.
- Single groove accommodates any size strand.
|G-GMP-08605||Lashing Wire Grip|
B Lashing Wire Remover
This 812mm (32 in.) tool makes removing lashing wire from any 76mm (3 in.) diameter or smaller overhead cable quick and easy.
- Tapered split steel rod fits around the strand, while the steel saddle travels along behind it on the strand and cable, stabilizing and guiding the tool as it unravels the wire.
- Features two roller assemblies: the upper one is for the strand, while the lower one is for the cable.
- A hinged gate on the lower roller simplifies mounting and removal.
|G-GMP-07621||B Lashing Wire Remover|