The cable blowing machine (sometimes known as cable jetting), comprising an air box and cable pusher, has been designed to provide an effective and safe method of fibre optic cable installation. The system installs fibre optic cable of 6mm (0.25”) to 32mm (1.25”) overall diameter, at speeds up to 90m/min (300ft/min), into pre-installed ducts. The system operates on the viscous drag principle employing compressed air to install the cable, controlled and assisted by the belt drive system.
The cable is propelled by compressed air, fed into the duct via a venturi principle, while the hydraulically powered belt drive system controls the fibre optic cable. The electronic monitoring system provides read out of speed and distance, gives protection against duct obstructions and includes an emergency stop facility.
The system is mounted on an anti-corrosion treated, sturdy, height adjustable, wheeled, tubular steel trolley. This allows the unit to be wheeled around on site. The C-1203 hydraulic petrol driven power pack provides power. The unit is CE approved.
Fully labelled control panel containing:
- Power on/off button
- Emergency stop button
- Reset button
- Combined length counter recording in metres (feet) and cable speed read out in metres/min (feet/min)
- Hydraulic pressure read out dial
- Air pressure read out dial
- Hydraulic on/off control valve
- Adjustable speed control for drive belts
- Air supply control on/off with automatic exhaust function
- Front mounted wheels for ease of manoeuvrability
- Lightweight anti-corrosion treated tubular steel frame
- Adjustable frame allowing unit to be tilted up to 30°, reducing bending of duct and cable
- Adjustable rear legs for uneven terrain
- Manufactured in aluminium
- Range taking of cables from 6mm – 32mm (0.25”-1.25”) by means of interchangeable collets with double cable sealing arrangement
- Duct sealing at mouth of air box
- Duct gripping facility designed to obviate duct crushing and distortion
- All seals, except cable seals, have a common diameter cord
- Upper section of air box is retained
- Air box aligned is adjustable for varying cable diameters
- No tools are required to split air box for insertion of cable and duct
- On/off air control valve with automatic air exhaust from duct when in “off” position
- Operating Manual
- Instructional Video
- Manufactured in cast aluminium
- Hydraulically powered
- Unit lifts and splits to allow insertion of cable between drive belts
- Drive belts are profiled polyurethane, moulded
- Belt tension can be set by means of adjustable chain drive tensioners fitted to the side of the unit
- System relief valve fitted as standard
- 3mm Allen Key
- 4mm Allen Key
- 5mm Allen Key
- 6mm Allen Key
- 3mm dia. Cord x 2.5 metres long
- Silicone Grease
- Super Glue
- Metaflux 70-88 Chain Spray
- Pliers 150mm
- Screwdriver 150mm (slot)
- 13-17mm A/F Spanner
- Battery Charger
- Battery Charge Indicator
C-1250-08: Tornado Plus Cable Blowing Machine
Hydraulic Power Pack
A lightweight, trolley mounted, hydraulic power pack, with pre-set internal system protection relief valve and quick release connectors.
Product Code: C-1203-F
Cable Floating Water Pump
The CBS C-1240-F Cable Floating Water Pump has been designed to work in conjunction with the C-1250 Tornado to install fibre cables using water instead of air.
Tube Blowing Conversion Kits
The tube blowing conversion kits are initially used to convert an existing Tornado Cable Blowing Machine into a Tube Blowing Machine for installing micro tubes into ducts.
Compressed Air Cooler
The Compressor Aftercooler has been designed to cool compressed air and remove water droplets prior to entering a CBS Tornado Cable Blowing Machine.